Napoleon B. Darst purchased the House in 1861. Following the Civil War he extended the elliptical staircase, reaching from the first floor to the roof. This elegant staircase is a favored location to photograph a bridal party, or, picture a prom queen and court. Also, it is a handsome setting for photos of the gentlemen. The Club House decorating committee lavishly enhance the stairway and rooms for the holiday season.