The DWC Dedication Plaque

Marie J. Kumler was the first president of the Dayton Federation of Women's Clubs and the first president of the Dayton Woman's Club. In 1926, the year following Mrs. Kumler's death in 1925, the Club commissioned a plaque in her memory. The plaque, designed and executed by the Dayton Art Institute, was placed at the entrance to the House with an ever-burning lamp and incorporating the following verse: "THEY NEVER FAIL WHO LIGHT THEIR LAMP OR FAITH AT THE UNWAVERING FLAME BURNT FOR THE ALTAR SERVICE OF THE RACE." -Elsa Barker

PLAQUE1.JPG